Crispy Pecorino and Rosemary Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges and Cherry Tomatoes
June is here at last, so it’s time to bring out some new and improved summer dishes! Trust me, this recipe will be loved by everyone and it can be ready in less than 45 minutes!
If you don’t have pecorino cheese you can substitute for parmesan. I like to serve this with green beans or a side salad for some extra vegginess. Oh and don’t forget to add a squeeze of lemon to your chicken if you have some!
Ingredients - Serves 2
Cooking Time - 35 minutes
1 large sweet potato
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 spriggs rosemary (leaves finely chopped)/ thyme
2 - 3 cloves garlic
1 tsbp olive oil
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup plain flour
1 sprigg rosemary
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup pecorino cheese finely grated
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the oven to 200C
2. Wash and scrub the sweet potato if necessary. Slice in half (lengthwise), then cut each piece into wedges.
3. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment and place wedges onto tray. Add cayenne pepper, paprika, herbs, garlic, seasoning, oil and mix with a spoon or with your hands so that everything is coated with seasoning. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
4. Whilst the sweet potato is cooking prepare the chicken. Set out three bowls, and in the first bowl add the flour, then the egg in the second bowl, and the panko breadcrumbs and pecorino in the third. Add rosemary to the egg bowl, then whisk the eggs and rosemary together until combined.
5. Lay the chicken breasts in between two sheets of baking parchment and flatten using a rolling pin. Working with 1 chicken breast at a time, dredge in flour, shaking off excess, then dip into egg mixture, turning to coat evenly; carefully coat with panko and cheese, pressing gently to adhere to chicken.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan (large enough to hold 2 breasts) on a medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken breasts to pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, approx 5 minutes on each side (you may need to turn heat down once you have added the chicken to pan). Transfer chicken breasts to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
8. Tomatoes - Slice in half and place in a bowl. Add oil, vinegar, basil and seasoning. Toss the tomatoes in the dressing. Serve with chicken and sweet potatoes.