Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad with Halloumi
I have been waiting for some warm weather to appear so that I can post this recipe but it looks like I could be waiting a while and this recipe is just too yummy to hide! Jam-packed with gorgeously roasted veg this quinoa salad is warm, zesty, sweet and savoury; basically everything you want in a yummy salad! To be honest it doesn’t really feel like a salad; its more like a bowl of warm goodness. I have never really been a fan of salads, but ones like this I can get RIGHT on board with and I know you will too!
If you feel like some protein to go with it; chicken or fish work well. Make extra to whack in a lunch box and take with you to work the next day, its great warm or cold!
Ingredients - Serves 4
Extra virgin olive oil
Cherry tomatoes (Approx 4 tomatoes each, leave on the vine)
2 Romano red peppers, sliced
4 Garlic (cloves)
1 Aubergine (sliced into cubes)
1 handful sundried tomatoes (sliced)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
250g Halloumi, sliced
Small bunch parsley, basil & coriander (finely chopped)
1. Heat the oven to 200C
2. Place the red peppers, aubergine and garlic into a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Cook the quinoa in a large pot of boiling water for 10-15 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Remove veggies from the oven and stir. Place the cherry tomatoes on top of the veggies and roast for another 10-15 minutes until they are golden and caramelised. Place the tomatoes to the side and leave until service.
4. Once the quinoa is cooked, pour into a salad bowl and leave to cool slightly.
5. Fry the halloumi on a high heat until both sides are golden.
5. Add the sundried tomatoes, roasted veggies, lemon, herbs, seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil to the quinoa and mix.
6. Divide the quinoa into bowls, then top with halloumi and the cherry tomatoes.